7 Qualities In Central PA’s Best Replacement Window Contractors
Finding A Quality Window Company Can Be Tough.
Follow These Guidelines To Weed Out Second-Rate Contractors.
For Central PA homeowners, finding the best replacement windows is no easy task. And finding the best contractor to install them can be twice as tricky. Since your success in finding a reliable, honest, and dependable dealer will dictate your project outcome, we’ve compiled a list of qualities you should look for in any replacement window company in Central Pennsylvania.
A Quality Replacement Window Company Will Happily Supply These Items:
- Customer References: These are a sign that the window company really cares about customer satisfaction.
- Project Photos: You need picture-proof that the window contractor performs quality work.
- Detailed Proposals: You want an itemized estimate and complete cost breakdown of the work to be done to know EXACTLY where your money is going. Detailed proposal of the work and specific costs of the work to be done
- Written Warranties: Make sure you get a window company’s warranties in writing. This holds them 100% accountable if there is a defect in the product or workmanship.
- Liability Insurance: This is a HUGE must. If a window company doesn’t have proper insurance, injuries to installers that occur on your property become YOUR problem. (Yikes!)
- Financing Options: The best window companies in Central PA work within YOUR budget. One way they do this is by offering flexible financing with low or no interest.
- Standards For Installation: Go with a company that makes their installers going through a training process and holds them to rigorous standards. Window replacement is not cheap, so you want to make sure it’s done RIGHT the first time.
Don’t be scared to ask a window company about any of these things. Replacing your windows is a hefty investment of both your money and emotions. As such, you want to make absolutely certain you’re hiring the “best of the best” for your project. Except nothing less.
3 Things A Reputable Window Contractor Will NEVER Do…
We’ve discussed what a trustworthy window company will do. Now let’s talk about what they will NOT do. This will give you a clearer picture as to what kind of company you’re dealing with.
- Require more than a 50% down payment: Most window companies require a 30% to 50% deposit to get started. This isn’t anything to worry about. But if the company requires MORE than 50% up front, head for the hills. The company demands this much either because they need you to foot the bill for the materials (which shows they are financially shaky), or—even worse—they’re looking to take your money and run. (This happens more often than homeowners think!)
- Advertise $189 windows: Sorry, but $189 quality windows don’t exist. This is a price some companies advertise to entice you into a sales presentation. Once their salesman has slithered his way into your home, those $189 windows suddenly become five times more expensive. This is called the “bait-and-switch,” and window companies have used this tactic for decades.
- Make you feel pressured & uncomfortable: If you feel uncomfortable or pressured at any point during the process, step back and take a deep breath. Analyze the situation. Ask yourself, “Is this the kind of company I want to give my hard-earned cash to?” NEVER feel obligated to buy from a window company if you feel like they are strong-arming you. This is YOUR project, YOUR money, and YOUR home. YOU are in control.
Want An Accurate Quote On Quality Windows…Without The Pressure, Pricing Games, & Sales Appointment?
If you’re a Central PA homeowner considering vinyl replacement windows, reach out to us. Our quotes are done entirely online and are completely devoid of sales pressure. We provide you with the information you need on the best options for your situation—that’s it!